Lamination refers to coat with a protective covering, generally plastic made cover, which protects the inner item for long from elements of nature. Similarly, laminate flooring refers to a coat applied on the floor, which protects the floor from natural elements, aging etc, and makes the floor super smooth, shiny, hard and durable, and resistant to scratches and wear and tear. Earlier people used to install the concrete flooring, but after a certain time, these concrete flooring used to get affected and they also became damaged due to heavy footprints. But now you can maintain the glossy look of your floor by installing the laminated floors.
Where Can You Install Laminate Flooring?
You can install laminate floors anywhere except on a carpet. Any sort of sub floor can support a laminate floor, and the tiles of laminate pieces can be adhered to one another through a simple self locking system, which again gives the laminate tiles enough space to contract and expand as per temperature and humidity levels.
Why Use Laminate Flooring?
There are many reasons to use laminate flooring over use of conventional concrete, hardwood or stone flooring.
- Laminates come in various looks to mimic the look of a hardwood floor, stone floor, vinyl floor, tiled floor, mosaic floor, or other stylish designed looks. Hence you can practically get any style of look using laminate tiles.
- Unlike the 8 to 10 ft length of hardwood floor planks, which are difficult to handle, the laminate floor tiles come in easy to handle 4 ft length, or even custom sizes. Hence you will be able to do the flooring much easily.
- A layer of string resilient plastic makes the laminate floor hard and scratch resistant. Hence the floor will not wear and tear with foot traffic, furniture pressure, and with pressure of rollers from trolleys and furniture etc.
- The protective laminate layer also saves the floor from losing color and brightness by blocking harmful UV rays of the sun. Hence in very well sunlit rooms or spaces, these floors are great for use.
Installation of Laminate Flooring Takes Very Less Time:
Laminate flooring installation take few hours only. You can hire some trained professionals and they can easily install the laminate flooring solutions on your floor to make the glossy finishes.
- Laminate floors do not let any stains, dyes, dirt or grease reach the inner layers, and no moisture can invade the layers. Hence with simple dusting and mopping everyday, the floor will keep on shining smooth and clean for years.
- With use of microbe and bacteria resistant chemicals in the coating of the laminate tiles, the laminate floor can be very healthy. Even when you don’t use special coated tiles, they still would not let algae, molds and mildew grow on the floor.
- The pricing for laminate flooring is quite reasonable, and installation is an easy process. You do not need to spend any additional amount for the maintenance of these laminate flooring and you can easily maintain it in a normal way.
The main reason you would want to use laminate floors is to avoid direct wear and tear in places which receives a lot of traffic. Hallways, corridors, and porticos can have laminate flooring, and even staircases may have it. Since maintaining the floors is so very easy with simple cleaning everyday, you may forget costly maintenance and worrying about the polish and looks of the floor for years once you install laminate flooring.
However, with time, laminate floors will wear off, as you keep on dusting and mopping the floors for daily cleanliness. Once the laminate tiles are worn off, you will have to replace the worn off tiles.
One thought on “Why Laminate Flooring Is Advantageous for You”
Pingback: Give your flooring an interesting twist – Get laminate floors now – Aussie Blog Journal