# What Is the Work of Waterproofing Contractors?
Waterproofing is done to protect precious contents and structural integrity of any built structure. The process of making any object or structure water resistant so that it remains relatively unaffected by water is termed as waterproofing. It is to make sure that the water, in its liquid state and / or under pressure does not penetrate through a material or structure.
This is specifically required for the following
- Wet areas
Building other equipment’s-
- Clothing’s like raincoats and waders,
- Electronic devices
- Paper packaging for liquids like cartons.
# In Construction of Buildings
In construction, waterproofing is done by applying membranes and coating on the walls and these days, waterproofing is a mandatory feature in a building.
# Why Learn to Waterproof:
- One of the top ten defects homeowners and building managers complain about is waterproofing repairs of which costs 6-10 times the original cost of work.
- Fixing waterproofing problems is expensive and is generally the responsibility of the builders.
- Trade contractors become multi specialist and can diversify their business to get better revenue. Builders gain a higher level of knowledge and provide better supervision of waterproofing work hence reduce risk of any kind of malfunction or need of repair.
# What Do You Need to Learn Become a Waterproofing Contractor?
- Product suitability and tool selection and various application factors including sub-terrain applications.
- Common defects, rectification and injection systems.
- Manufacturer certification and practical application of waterproofing products.
- Measuring, calculating, reading and interpreting plans and specifications.
- Preparing surfaces for waterproofing application and applying the waterproofing process to internal and external wet areas
- Framing and fitting wet area fixtures and applying basic leveling procedures.
# How to Start a Waterproofing Business?
The home owner will carve out the funds from anywhere to treat the problem as it has the potential to increase rapidly and create further loss to him. It is an all season all economy friendly business but there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Spread the word by taking small jobs do it well to get the word of mouth working on your side and find a coworker as it cannot be done alone.
- Identify the area you want to start working in and get the business license, insurance, and permit in place.
- A good, working knowledge of various waterproofing techniques and buy a sturdy and reliable vehicle which you would need for work.
- Equipment and tools designed for waterproofing and reliable software for tracking your financial progress.
# Why Hire a Professional?
- Experience and expertise: The professional contractors will have team of employees who are trained and have worked on previous projects and they will be able to identify the root cause of leakage.
- Right equipment: They will have the right equipment required to handle any exigencies.
- Latest Technologies: The professional contractors know that they have to be totally updated on technology.
- Quality control: One can rely on them to use the best materials and quality of work and this in turn ensures that there will be no or few in the future.
- Monetary benefits: High quality water proofing is a onetime investment and if done well it will save repetitive expense on the same work.
Prevention is better than cure. So, it is always best to waterproof your building during the construction process itself, or at least as soon as possible before the problems hit you. All you have to do is make sure you hire a reliable waterproofing contractor and leave the rest to him.