There are a few things which will not be loudly asked about, but their presence changes a lot of things. Cornice is one such thing in a house or building, which makes a huge difference in the way the interiors look. No one loves abrupt endings and the same holds true in case of walls and ceilings too. Did you ever see a normal wall ceiling joint? What do you see there? The wall meeting the ceiling at a horizontal straight line- and that’s it! Both ends there, just like that, and the eyes gazing have nothing else to watch and relish. The same joint may look interesting and give you a cozy sight to stare and complement at. This abrupt joining can be made gentle, artistic and beautiful through the use of a cornice or coving.
Decorative cornices have been in use for this particular reason and more factors for ages. What they really do is, run a line of artistic plaster work, all in the same pattern, to make the transition from the wall to the ceiling a gentle and beautiful work of art in architecture.
Designs you get in cornices- check them out!
They come in every size and shape, broad, medium, narrow, creative, artistic, urban, contemporary, simple, gentle, sharp and more. You can add any adjective to find a cornice, and you will find it for sure. That’s because cornices are developed by decorative cornice moulding suppliers for every taste and budget.
If you are looking for a broad retro style cornice design for your vintage style home décor, you would get too many design options. And if you like simple cornice design, narrow or broad for an urban décor, then also you would get endless choices too. That is the beauty of ordering cornices from standard decorative cornice suppliers, who mould cornices for the global market.
Why do you install cornices?
Cornices are used for a few good reasons, and your ceiling and wall joints demand one from you for all these reasons mentioned below:
- The main reason is beautification. The straight transition from wall to ceiling does not give a pleasant look to the eyes. Cornices make it look good and gentle.
- Cornices take a credit for adding beauty to the building interiors. Installing an ornate cornice to a plain room adds to style and creativity.
- Cornices give a nice cover to hide your cables and wires beneath them. You may need them in old buildings or in case you planned some extra wiring after the completion of the conceal wiring.
- Not all crevices and joining lines of the wall ceiling transition get the perfect finishing from plaster and paint work. Some paint from the ceiling may trickle down the wall and dry, and some wall paint may smudge over the ceiling. This gets more noticeable if the color of the wall and ceiling is different. Cornices can cover such plaster and paint anomalies very well.
- You define your interiors better by highlighting contrast color of the wall and ceiling.
It’s for all these reasons that you must check a cornice design of your choice with good decorative cornice moulding suppliers.
How to install cornices?
Installing cornice mouldings is a pretty easy DIY task when you have a cornice cement or adhesive. Using small amounts of cornice cement you can install the mouldings in easy steps. It does not take much time, and being at that height they are not disturbed by the movement and so it gets fixed quickly.
Get cornices from a good supplier- must to remember!
Whether you install cornice for decoration or for hiding cables or some anomaly in plaint, you must ensure you get the mouldings from a reputed supplier. This ensures a long life of the cornices, as you will have to disassemble them whenever you are repainting the house walls.