The term insulated glass unit (IGU) is used in multiple connotations when it comes to application in glass panes or window systems. Ideally, most modern homes are given double glazed window panes which means that they may already have double glazing windows. In simple terms, these IGU’s contain two panes of a film, and hence the term double glazing is used. There is also an option for buying the three-paned ones with triple glazing that are costlier. What happens here is the space between the two panes is decreased so that the sounds from the outside can be minimized along with deriving excellent insulation benefits.
Without a doubt, there are a few natural benefits of these double glazing windows and the first benefits being the peaceful and quiet environment that can be attained by adding these windows to a place. Not to mention, it results into noise reduction and hence, provides a scope for better sleep. In fact, you can do your daily chores peacefully without disturbance. For those who have offices in noisy areas that noise reduction is truly a boon in aiding productivity. However, along with just this, there are some other add-ons that these insulation solutions provide you with-
- Improved energy levels are one of the best benefits that you can get from double glazing windows – and that is not just restricted to your physical and mental demeanor! Energy efficacy applies to other areas too like electricity consumption. Because of the insulation or rather thermal insulation that you get in some cases, it is possible to keep the home cooler in summers and warm in the winter months. So you can cut on the use of air conditioners and thermal heaters and obviously it is a great solution to play down on your electricity cost.
- Along with offering you a better environment to sleep peacefully, cutting on your power bills and energy levels, these double glazing windows also minimize condensation. There are special mm frames available for providing better visibility through windows during rainy days. It is a concept quite similar to that off water droplets in the cocktails or drinks that you have. With the available gas in between the two panels of your windows, the problem is literally gone.
- Get higher value for your home by installing double glazing windows. Another important advantage of these windows is that you can easily minimize the consumption of electricity. As mentioned above, your home automatically becomes energy efficient and fulfills your need of cooling in summers and heating in the winters without paying much. The value of the home increases because whoever comes in next is assured of lower bills too.
- Do keep in mind that all of these together provide you with lower carbon footprint too, which in turn is a blessing towards reducing emissions and contributing towards a greener and environment friendly earth.
So in short here are umpteen number of benefits that double glazing windows provide you with. However, when you are installing them, there are a number of factors that should be taken into consideration like:
- What are the framing materials that you are planning to go for – they should complement the look and also aid in reduction of noise?
- Along with this, consider the option of triple glazing for very noisy areas.
- There are plenty of colors to choose from in these materials. You may also go for transparent or slightly tinted glasses.
Make it sure to pick high-quality glasses along with professionals to fit the same to get the most out of the double glazing windows.