Every woman needs a perfect cocktail dress that she can look ravishing in for a number of occasions. A cocktail dress is a dress that can be worn on multiple occasions from, formal to semi-formal. Because cocktail dresses are so versatile, you need to pick your perfect one very wisely, that should fit perfectly with not only your body but also your personality, style and sensibilities. This article will highlight a few of the important factors you should remember while pocking your cocktail dresses.
Key Points to Consider Before Buying A Cocktail Dress
#1. The Budget
The first obvious thing you need to do is to determine a budget for the dress. A stylish cocktail dress can be expensive, but if you want to explore a cheaper option, then you can search for them online. Keep in mind that cocktail dresses are outfits that you can usually wear for multiple occasions, which is why it would be wise to invest in a good quality cocktail dress that has a more resilient material which will last you for a few good years.
#2. Pay Close Attention to Your Body Type
Cocktail dresses come in a myriad of options in length, colour, materials, styles and budget. It is natural to instinctively choose a dress you adore; however, you must not forget to keep your body shape in mind while picking the perfect one for you. Here is a quick guide for you to follow up on,
- Apple-shaped: When you have a fuller bust. Stick to dresses that streamline your figure. A fuller skirt or a wrap-dress with a plunging neckline will work wonderfully by adding some much-needed balance.
- Hourglass shaped: when your shoulder and hip ratio is equal, go for cocktail dresses that hug your curves and highlight them. Strapless tops and pencil skirts fit perfectly on this shape.
- Rectangle-shaped: When your body does not have a lot of vehement curves, you can take your liberty dressing up your curves. You can create visual contrasts with pleats and off-center embellishments that define your curves perfectly.
- Pear-shaped: if your lower body is bigger than your upper body then pick a dress that minimizes the lower body visually and enhances the slimmer upper body and the face. A loose skirt with a deep neckline will be perfect for your shape.
- Inverted triangle-shaped: When you have a fuller chest but slimmer hips, you should choose a dress that highlights your waist. Cocktail dresses that draw attention down will be perfect for this shape. Have fun with embellishments and spaghetti straps or cap sleeves.
#3. The Material of the Dress
The most important thing to consider while choosing the perfect cocktail dresses for you is that it should make you comfortable. Choose a material that will make you feel the most comfortable. If you have a curvy body, you must avoid clingy dresses, instead you can choose a dress that accentuates your body curves. Moreover, the dress should be comfortable to wear so that you can wear them through the party without making you feel comfortable. Chiffon, satin and silk are a few of the ideal materials to choose from. Lace is also a fun material to pick. It allows you to show some skin while covering you up perfectly all at the same time.
#4. Length of The Dress
After you have decided on the type of cocktail dresses you want to pick, do not forget to determine the length of the dress that works best both for you and the event. While cocktail dresses that go down way below the knee would be perfect for a more formal or a black-tie event, dresses that end right below the knee will look gorgeous on longer legs. Remember to keep in mind the kind of event you would be attending and what would be appropriate for it while choosing your ideal cocktail dress.
The above-mentioned tips will make it easy for you to pick the right kind of cocktail dress for you. Irrespective of the kind of dress you choose, it must make you feel comfortable.