Eyes are one of the most sensitive organs of the body; you need to take care of it. However, as a person ages, then the eyesight becomes weak, and some people encounter the problem of cataract. Cataracts are a common eye issue at developed age. Medical science disclosed the fact that more than 25% of people develop the clouding of the eye’s natural lens. Such developments are called cataracts.
However, the potential of having the disease enhances with the passing of decades in life. The process starts when the person attains 40 years of age. The disease becomes more than 50% prevalent by the time the person reaches 80 years of age.
Consequence Of Cataract
If a person is suffering from cataract, then one of the first sign is that you have blurred vision. The affected person is unable to see even in broader daylight. Colours too appear duller than those once were. If untreated, it may bring about permanent blindness.
Cataract treatment helps in developing life quality.
The Formation Of A Cataract
Contracts are formed in the lens. The region focuses light and passes into your eye, producing clear and sharp images on the retina. The retina is the light-sensitive membrane that functions like the film in a camera.
With aging, these lenses become less flexible, less transparent, and thicker. The age-related and other medical conditions break down the tissues. It clouds smaller areas within the lens.
The doctor considers Cataract Treatment over the following signs:
- Blurred night vision.
- Sensitivity to light and glare
- Clouded, blurred, and dim vision.
- Frequent changes in the glass or contact lens prescription
- Need for brighter light for reading and related activities
- Double vision.
The Natural Cataract Treatment
While you can surely opt for mos advanced cataract treatment, but following certain precautions, measures help you naturally treat cataract. However, there are prescribed methods for cataract prevention or slowing its progress. The other methods include:
- Have regular eyes examination: Consulting with physicians will help you fast detect eye issues or treat other eye problems.
- Stay away from smoking: Adopting hygienic lifestyle processes enhances the chances of a cataract. You must stay away from other malpractices like smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Managing health problems: Diabetes and other physical attributes increase disease probability. Consulting with doctors would help in this regard.
- Consume fruits and vegetables: Eye disease can best be countered with diets rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Wearing sunglasses: if the eye is exposed to ultraviolet light, it stimulates eye infection.
Considering eye drops
Scientists have also considered eye drops for cataract treatment. Theoretically, the compound named N-acetyl carnosine helps metabolize the protein L-carnosine when it penetrated the cornea. This acts as an eye drop solution to change the path of cataract progression.
Slowing Down The Progress Of Cataracts
No study could find a way to slow the cataract progression. In addition to making a switch to healthy lifestyle choices mentioned above, various international Department of Ophthalmology recommends using steroid eye drops. The departments also mention that you should avoid medication. These are associated with cataract progression.
When Surgery Is Recommended For Cataract Treatment
Consulting a doctor would help you find the best clinical option for your cataract treatment. Surgery is most effective in the previous days too. There is little or no discomfort at the time of conducting the surgical process. It helps in improving the visionary power too.
Do not neglect if you notice a change in your vision. It may include double vision or light flashes. Consult the eye specialist for sudden pain in the eye or unprecedented headache too.