If you ask an interior designer the advantages of installing marble benchtops then a typical answer would be ‘’it depends on the place of installation’’. Normally, marble makes the best surface for the kitchen, bathroom, office, fireplace, wall paneling etc. This is a piece of stone that needs to be handled with care and it cannot be used roughly.
The Basic Advantages of Marble Benchtops
Marble is a metamorphic rock. It means that it begins as a sedimentary form of rock like dolomite or limestone rock and when it is subjected to rigorous heat and pressure, it alters into this beautiful stone. The change takes place because there are impurities found in the original rock form. The rock material crystallizes due to severe heat and pressure. This stone features calcium carbonate as a basic material and the purest form of marble available will be absolutely white. During the ancient times, this piece of stone was used for sculptures and other work of art. There are innumerable reasons why you must select them as your benchtops in the kitchen. Some of them are given below.
- Magnificent Beauty: The sole reason why marble benchtops are popular is that of their elegance and royalty. These igneous rocks are found in a variety of colors, veins, textures etc. White, white and black, grey, beige, yellow, green are some of the colors that are available worldwide. They can enhance the beauty of any living space.
- Heat Resistant: Marble is a metamorphic rock that does not conduct heat and it is thus one of the most popular benchtops that you will ever come across. This stone is not only beautiful, but it is also heat resistant. This is the reason why it is a top choice for kitchen and bathrooms. If you accidentally leave a hot iron over it for some time, there will be no harm on the stone. They are quite a popular choice for the fireplace too. The marble will not get affected due to heat and can also take occasional sparks happily. But, the only piece of advice that you need is to never place a hot pot directly down from the stove to the marble.
- More Designs Are Available: If you have a kitchen counter that requires more effort for common fabrication then you may want to change over to marble benchtops. Not all benchtops have a rectangular shape. This stone is soft to work with than the other normal stone slabs used in the kitchen as benchtops. Consequently, general workability becomes much better. Marble should be considered for your kitchen if you are searching for fancy and value-added material. Marble is a dream benchtop for every homeowner. It is relaxing to work on a smooth surface. When it comes to granite, it is hard to cut and deal with. If the stone gets chipped, then it causes damage to the whole slab.
- Stays Cool All the Time: If you do a lot of baking and cooking at home or if you love to invite guests over for dinner then this is the benchtop that you are looking for. If you love cooking then you would understand that a benchtop that stays cool most of the time is a pleasure to work with. Marble benchtops are not a conductor of heat.
- They Are Strong: Even though it is a soft stone, it is durable and lasts a lifetime if you take proper care of it. It is porous in nature. Hence, it needs to be handled with care.
Marble benchtops are an absolute delight to work with. They will add style, value and elegance to your home. Marble counters are smooth and a pleasure for every homeowner.