If you live in a cold region, then you know that there is nothing like the feeling of sitting in front of fire pit that warms your body while you enjoy the scenery outside. Normally, this kind of experience is limited to the time when you are camping in the forests or have decided to go on a trek and stay overnight in the mountains.
But now, you can actually start to do this at home too and you can install an outdoor fire pit in your own backyard. All you need to do is get one of the outdoor fire pits installed in your house. Outdoor fire pits are specifically designed to retain fire to a confined area, and you can enjoy the outside view by seating in front of a fire pit.
Why would you choose the outdoor fire pits?
Now, there are pre-made outdoor fire pits available in the market. These outdoor fire pits are made in the factory and then sold in the market. You can choose the readymade outdoor fire pits for your convenience. As the main function of the fire pit is to stop the fire from spreading, so the material used to make these are normally metals, concrete and stones that have a very high melting point and do not catch fire. You can easily install these fire pits in your outdoor areas and you do not need to install any additional chimney for them. Even you can also arrange an outdoor BBQ party and place the griller on the fire pit to make some delicious BBQ dishes.
What fuel do these outdoor fire pits use?
There are three types of fuels that can be used in a fire pit. Each type of fire pit supports certain fuels and the safety regulations changes with the type of outdoor fire pit you have installed in your house.
- Wood: The oldest burning fuel is wood and that is exactly what can be used. These outdoor fire pits need a constant supply of wood to keep the fire burning. The safety precautions for wood using outdoor fire pits are a little stricter than other fuels. Obviously, the environment notion also comes into play as this fuel results in greenhouse gases emission which is bad for the environment.
- Natural gas: It is a conventional fuel that definitely is an environmental concern, but it normally comes with a remote control which makes it very easy to use and the designs will leave you in awe. A certain distance from the house needs to be maintained at all times.
- Bio Ethanol: It is a renewable resource and hence good alternative for the conventional fuels that will deplete over time. It is mainly made by sugar fermentation process. It is easy to use and does not have dangerous by-products. The safety measures include keeping it away from any combustible material.
What should you keep in mind while buying an outdoor fire pit?
- Budget: Know how much you wish to spend on this and what is the market price for this product. This will save you a few dollars. You can compare different types of outdoor fire pits to choose an affordable one.
- Inspection: These fire pits need to be inspected. This is why you should check for the inspection mark as safety is rather important.
- Running cost: As fire pits require constant fuel be it bioethanol or firewood, know the monthly expenditure that you would have to spend on this item. It will help you choose the right fire pit.
Keep all these points in mind and buy an outdoor fire pit that matches your style and serves the purpose.